Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Frizzle Satin AKA Sizzle


I just love this little cockerel 😄
King Harry..we had fun raising so many chicks this year, but there's always a few that stand out. Harry was hatched from Sheri Minkner, he's about 6-7 months old now. After asking Sheri what pen he came from, she said he's a blue based blue cream. I've had him available a few times for a new home only because I really didn't know what color girls I'd put him with. I'm glad there were no takers! I may put him with a blue girl, or self blue blue cream for fun and see what hatches, but he's got the best temperament ever. He's been my chick babysitter several times, and gladly feeds them and watches over them, and he's good to the pullets. I've raised several Silkie and satin boys this year and the majority became little jerks by 5 months lol.
But not Harry. And he definitely knows his name!
Even though Satins/Sizzles are not an accepted variety yet, I'd love to show him..everyone that sees him thinks he's the cutest thing!
I know some Silkie breeders are totally against Satins being accepted as a variety of Silkie, but I hope they are one day. If bred to the silke SOP, they truly are identical to silkies except for the hard feathers. They're adorable.
Hopefully, I'll have some little Harry's available next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preserving Special Flowers

  If you enjoy drying flowers for crafts and decor, or if the flowers are very special to you,  try wise dry or something similar. These peo...