Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Snow On The Pumpkin

So, we're looking at dipping below freezing already this week..have you all done any winterizing yet? I got my large fowl moved to the farm and they love it, and the white silkies have moved in and are nestled in the "mini barn" now. I've been putting up plastic the last few days to block drafts and rain/snow. Deep bedding and adding just a little heat are almost done in each pen. I'm well aware of the debate about using supplemental heat lol, but my silkies and Satins, especially frizzles, need a little, and I'm hoping to keep their water from freezing. The lights are secured with chain and heavy wire and are out of reach..not hard to do with non flyers!
I'm going to experiment with this little portable greenhouse. I'm hoping to keep it above freezing at least and see if I can't grow some cool weather greens over the winter for the chickens. I've also got mouse poison secured to keep the nasty little varmits at bay. You've all heard me declare my hatred for mice and snakes lol.
Are you all ready to tread mud and watch your chickens from the window? You know, it would be fun to get a super cheap live cam and put in the coops..then we could still stay entertained by the fuzz balls over the winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Preserving Special Flowers

  If you enjoy drying flowers for crafts and decor, or if the flowers are very special to you,  try wise dry or something similar. These peo...