If you're riding the "dreaming of Spring" train, as am I, here's some info about growing strawberries in containers. Our entire family loves strawberries, but I have trouble keeping rabbits, birds and ants our of mine. So aggravating! I'm thinking of ways to outsmart the critters, and avoid snakes, who like to sneak around in strawberry beds! Raised containers, and a way to keep ant bait underneath and dry is first on my list. I doubt I get bird netting unless I see it on sale super cheap. Then, it's deciding if you want random berries all summer, or one big harvest as far as deciding on a variety. Happy planning! 🍓
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poultry Nutrition FB Group
While we're on this topic, here's a poultry nutrition group that Mr Mattocks is a part of: https://www.facebook.com/groups/49087984...
-
So if you're new to the site, or even to chickens, I wanted to let you know what I feed and why. I've posted about it before but w...
-
Well friends, we made it through another "hotter than hell and drier too" summer. I had gotten sick a couple of times as well and...
-
If you'd like to see the album of the roses that I have blooming right now, also the ones I propagate for the nursery, or, if you just ...
No comments:
Post a Comment