Saturday, April 24, 2021

3rd Generation Cochins

 This Spring's hatch are the 3rd generation of my Cochin family, a tiny milestone in the breeding world. 

From the book, "Start Where You Are With What You Have" by Ralph H. Sturgeon..

"This year marks the crucial test for whether or not your system is going to prove successful."


"You are getting the good, the bad, and indifferent qualities not only increasing in numbers now, but increasing variations."


"If you succeed in uncovering the gene pool you seek, this is the time for elation!" 


So..here's to determining by Fall if I'm on the right track and successful thus far lol. I have three girls in particular that I plan to single mate and then track their chicks all the way through to see if I get consistency, and also who's producing the best offspring.


The book mentioned is a gem by the way, I highly recommend it!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Driveway Stand Will Be Set Up!

 Hi all! How's Spring treating you so far? I've been busy here sowing seeds, growing, transplanting, pruning and more. I'm also ...