Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Colder Weather Is A Comin'!

 


So we're finally seeing an end to the sweltering Missouri Summer temps! I'm always a little relieved to see Fall arrive. Now begins the task of getting tender plants moved to protected areas. I've become a topiary nut, and many of my topiaries are not winter hardy in zone 6b. Some are marginal. So it's time to find winter homes for them! We should be getting the little green house buttoned up soon, but I need green things in my life during the winter, so in comes a "topiary garden!" 

Rosemary, Eugenia. Myrtle, lavender, coleus, succulents and angel vine are some of my favorites.  I'm training many, also, that will be available to sell. Have you found winter homes for your tender plants? Don't wait too long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preserving Special Flowers

  If you enjoy drying flowers for crafts and decor, or if the flowers are very special to you,  try wise dry or something similar. These peo...