Wednesday, January 5, 2022

New Year, New Babies

 

Hi guys..I've been off Facebook, and social media period, for a while, hope you all are doing ok and had a good holiday season?!
Here's some grow-outs from my Paint Silkie group..loving how well they are turning out. Great feathering, and some pretty spots popping up! I've had to put up with them inside(mudroom off the kitchen), but my silkies are laying well even though it's cold, so I'm going to hatch early and be done with the majority of the hatch well before the hot weather and buffalo gnats start up. I have 18 nuggets cooking in the incubator as well, and 22 more ready to go in. I'll be up to my eyeballs in Silkies 😄

I have one baby that is either a normal frizzled silkie that's extra curly, or, she's what they call a "Woolie" in Silkie circles. My Silkies have a lot of Sherri Minker's blood lines in them, and she's has these Woolies pop up from Time to time. A mutation of the Frizzle gene?

Time will tell..her name is Bo Peep. LoL


The old timers always say that chicks hatched in Feb/march do the best for them, and they're definitely always through hatching for the year by June. From past experiences, I definitely agree.

Visit my Facebook page 

HERE 

To view the short video and pictures.

Take care and happy hatching! 🐣

Cheryl 


No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 First Day of Spring

 Hope you all are out starting to plant and do clean up, or whatever it is that you may be doing this Spring! Start a new bed, sow seeds of ...