Friday, October 22, 2021

Finally Fall

 




I'm so glad that we're finally seeing cooler days and nights. I think Fall has become my favorite season.
It's still nice enough to be outside, but not miserably hot.
This is also the time of year that many of us start letting go of growouts that we didn't choose to keep for our breeding goals, or if it's simply time to go down in numbers before the cold hits. Most of mine have found new homes. I hatch year round though due to having breeds that don't lay a lot, so I have to set every egg I can. 
Now is the time to think about what needs to be done with coops before winter..cleaning, repair ect, as well as checking and spray for mites as a precaution. Many adult birds are molting right now and look truly awful lol. Dont worry...even more beautiful feathers will fill the naked spots before long. 
Tis the season for hoodies, fires, pumpkin pie, and hot chocolate...
Enjoy it!
🍂🍁🍂🍁

Cheryl 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driveway Stand Will Be Set Up!

 Hi all! How's Spring treating you so far? I've been busy here sowing seeds, growing, transplanting, pruning and more. I'm also ...