Sunday, July 12, 2020

Spur Removal



So, after one of my Cochin hens was seriously injured by the rooster, I've been looking into solutions. I did order some hen saddles, and used them some but it's been too hot to keep them on the hens. Then I started searching for info on spur trimming and removal.
I've never done it or had to, but it became a serious issue that needed a solution.
I tried trimming and filing but the spurs were still like daggers.
So, I got up the courage to try removal...
It went fine!
I was definitely nervous and imagined major bleeding and anything else that could go wrong, but it was quick and simple. My boy seemed just fine during and after.
Here's a link to Happy Wife's video on how to do it with a simple pair of plyers and blue kote to seal the wound after...

Spur Removal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preserving Special Flowers

  If you enjoy drying flowers for crafts and decor, or if the flowers are very special to you,  try wise dry or something similar. These peo...