Sunday, April 5, 2020

Growing Potatoes In Buckets..

With everything going on, and quite a bit of talk about possible food insecurity, I hope you all plant something this year, anything is better than nothing! Did you know that chives, green onions and parsley all have fair amounts of vitamin C? So if getting fruit from the store wouldn't be an option, greens will do. None of us really know where all this is going, but we're blessed enough to still have seeds and plants available right now. My mom worked at Mooniers greenhouse for close to 30 years. IF I know anything at all, it's due to her teaching me lol. Everything she grows is just beautiful. I'm going to try this bucket method for potatoes this year. Our yard is soaked every spring, so potatoes didn't do well here last year. Let me know if you try it! I'm also going to plant a 3 sisters garden..I'll post a link on that as well soon.
Please stay home if you can, and take the time to do things that you usually can't..enjoy the Spring days while we wait for this virus to burn itself out.

-Cheryl

https://youtu.be/oH1Z_dUEgIg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preserving Special Flowers

  If you enjoy drying flowers for crafts and decor, or if the flowers are very special to you,  try wise dry or something similar. These peo...